Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

People who are still wearing masks …….

And there still a lot of people out there wearing them. Are they doing it to protect themselves or because society tells them they should ? I know they are not masking up for my or your benefit. 

For the most part I assume they have a condition which makes them want to avoid getting COVID at all cost.

Or they're just batshit crazy :banana:

• Like 2

I am flying on Wednesday, are they still required on planes? 

This is something I will need to Google Wednesday morning unless someone knows the answer here.

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

It's required in (some) hospitals.

Only time I’ve wore it recently is at doctors visit because it is required. Announcements on the Rail Road say mask is required but I haven’t worn one in a very long time. 

When we visited El Paso I found out my in-laws still wear a mask and they made my wife wear a mask when they went out together. 

It doesn't look as strange on a 74 year old Asian as it does a young white person though. 

I am not sure if they will ever stop wearing masks.

• Confused 1

I said a long time ago that this pandemic has only empowered hypochondriacs, germaphobes and agoraphobics.

I think it looks f****** weird. But I liken that to a sikh headdress or a burqa. Fine, if it makes you feel better. What do I care?

But you look like an idiot

38 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am flying on Wednesday, are they still required on planes? 

This is something I will need to Google Wednesday morning unless someone knows the answer here.

Not required.  

This is where you'll see the most use though, because people were conditioned to think an airplanes were so dangerous for the spread.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Not required.  

This is where you'll see the most use though, because people were conditioned to think an airplanes were so dangerous for the spread.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

And there still a lot of people out there wearing them. Are they doing it to protect themselves or because society tells them they should ? I know they are not masking up for my or your benefit. 

People particularly wearing the better quality masks are trying to protect themselves.  But no clue why someone would still wear a cloth mask, which I do still see.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Very sad. They think they are going to die.

They are. :dunno:

28 minutes ago, frank said:

They are. :dunno:

[Iron Maiden] DIE WITH YOUR MASKS ON[/Iron Maiden]

Substitute the word "Boots" with "mask" in the below and it actually makes sense

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Very sad. They think they are going to die.

The maskers are also the injectors, so they most likely will die from a sudden, unknown cause.

• Thanks 1

No one wears masks here.  That very rare time I see one it is usually a middle aged Asian.

I don't see too many people wearing them any more but still more than I think should be wearing them.  The only exception I can see for wearing one now is if the person is contagious but feels fine enough to go out.

5 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

The maskers are also the injectors, so they most likely will die from a sudden, unknown cause.

:rolleyes:  My town is a tourist destination. I see people wearing them fairly consistently, but like less than 5% of the people.

If you come here illegally you don’t have to wear one. Or be tested or vaccinated. 

Around here it isn’t required anymore. I’ll see ppl still wear them but very rarely 

I'll see about 3 out of 50 people at the grocery store still wearing them. Few weeks back I seen a walker wearing one outside with nobody around them.

I had a mask on a long time ago, and I could smell diesel fumes through it, Masks are made for surgery, to keep saliva out of open wounds during surgery. They don't work. yet people are still believing the lie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, kutulu said:

For the most part I assume they have a condition which makes them want to avoid getting COVID at all cost.

You know I thought the same thing, but there's this lady at my kids dojo who always has it on. If she's so worried she wouldn't sit in a room with 50 other people. 

So I'm not sure

I see people all the time at the stores who are wearing masks still.Not the majority but there are always like 5 or 6 any time I go. 

Black people seem to really like wearing masks. Just from my observation. 

16 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Black people seem to really like wearing masks. Just from my observation. 

They know the man is out to get them.

At my job I've had to wear a mask since the pandemic required them. 

A out half the people I see on the train wear one. I very infrequently see people wearing them at the gym or stores. I don’t know what their circumstances are so I don’t judge.

I'm guessing that 90% have medical issues and it's just safer for them to wear masks.  Of the other 10%, I'll say that they're made up of 2 groups... 70%/30%, where the majority are liberal nuts who think they're going to die if they get COVID and the minority group being germophobic/hypochondriac nut jobs.

I'd like to think they are immunocompromised, or living with someone who is, but I'm not that nice, so I think they worship at the Covis altar.  Either that or they are ugly.

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'd like to think they are immunocompromised

I am...  I really hate wearing masks, but I bite the bullet for a little bit when I head indoors to a different place...

19 hours ago, Gepetto said:

It's required in (some) hospitals.

All doctors offices and dentists that I am aware of

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

All doctors offices and dentists that I am aware of

I was at a Dermatologist yesterday, the staff wore them but we weren't required.  One patient wore one tho, she was fat and I presume ugly. :ninja:

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I was at a Dermatologist yesterday, the staff wore them but we weren't required.  One patient wore one tho, she was fat and I presume ugly. :ninja:

I am 0 for life in thinking girls are hot with masks on and then when I see them with no mask :cry: 

We really should keep them on

granted, I am ugly even with a mask on

59 minutes ago, MDC said:

A out half the people I see on the train wear one. I very infrequently see people wearing them at the gym or stores. I don’t know what their circumstances are so I don’t judge.

I do judge in some circumstances. Crowded (indoor) areas/spaces, fine wear a mask.

Outside wearing a mask with people around = no

Outside wearing a mask with no one around = need a punch in the face.