Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Could you shoot under 100 at Augusta Naitonal ?

I don't think I could. :(

It'd be tough for me to shoot under 110 :unsure:

No, no one here could but Digby

But he's played it before.

This. His intimate, almost uncanny knowledge of the course gives him a leg up no one here could dream of.

Nope. I played Harbour Town and shot 107....if I remember that right. It was in the early 90's. Back when it was the MCI Heritage.

Sh1t I couldnt on a regular course. I rarely play and have just started back.

I couldn't shoot under 100 at a local golf course.

I'm waiting for Cruzer to chime in. He's prolly our best golfer here.

im usually in the mids 40's for nine holes.

sounds like im the best golfer here.

There may be a couple...of they dont just try to bomb it and are polished in the short game to keep everything out of trouble.

Me? No. I think Id play several holes pretty well...but have way too many where I take a big number (that at my best). Now Id be embarrassed to play it as I have not played as much the last few years at all and am just way too inconsistent on any course.

There may be a couple...of they dont just try to bomb it and are polished in the short game to keep everything out of trouble.

Me? No. I think Id play several holes pretty well...but have way too many where I take a big number (that at my best). Now Id be embarrassed to play it as I have not played as much the last few years at all and am just way too inconsistent on any course.

how about that stock market?

I'm waiting for Cruzer to chime in. He's prolly our best golfer here.

Just one try - no practice rounds - I'd say no.. With most of that coming from 3, 4 and maybe even 5 putts.

Given 2 times, I'd give myself a 50/50 chance.

how about that stock market?

Volatility...not a great thing. Glad it rebounded early in the week after rough starts.

Care to not make every thread some political BS?

From the tips? Absolutely not. I shoot in the mid to high 80s at my local track. Id be thrilled if I broke 120 at Augusta.

No problem. In hexadecimal of course (which is 256 decimal, woot! nerd alert$#@!).

Seriously though, I played D3 college golf, so back in my heyday I'd guess I'd average 1.5 over par, which is 101... so it might have been close. I've barely played in years tho so the hex answer is more likely. :(

I played East Lake a week before the US Amateur was hosted there. We did not play the tips and I played great for me. Shot 100.

The rough was jail and the greens were glass. Even with a good caddie, the course kicked my ass.

Just one try - no practice rounds - I'd say no.. With most of that coming from 3, 4 and maybe even 5 putts.

Given 2 times, I'd give myself a 50/50 chance.

That's what would kill me. A 3 put would a win.

I know Cruzer plays a lot, but I have to go with Digby. As long as he keeps his own score.

• Like 1

the putting would be the main concern. I feel pretty confident I could get off the tee with a few drivers and hybrids on holes that didn't fit my eye, even if it meant playing a bunch of par 4's as 3 shot holes. I'm a decent putter but as Cruzer said, with no other round under my belt and no opportunity to go out and practice on the course, the greens would rock me. 3 putt doubles would feel like wins.

I did break 90 at Baltusrol lower course. We did not play the tips but I had never played it before. We played with a member who swore that the rough was basically the same as you would see when it hosted the PGA, and having been there for both PGA's and playing out of it, I would agree. Obviously im sure the greens were running faster at the PGA but they were still pretty slick

If I had a caddie that knew the course well, I would shoot a 75 easily. All you need to do is hit the ball where they tell you.

the putting would be the main concern. I feel pretty confident I could get off the tee with a few drivers and hybrids on holes that didn't fit my eye, even if it meant playing a bunch of par 4's as 3 shot holes. I'm a decent putter but as Cruzer said, with no other round under my belt and no opportunity to go out and practice on the course, the greens would rock me. 3 putt doubles would feel like wins.

I did break 90 at Baltusrol lower course. We did not play the tips but I had never played it before. We played with a member who swore that the rough was basically the same as you would see when it hosted the PGA, and having been there for both PGA's and playing out of it, I would agree. Obviously im sure the greens were running faster at the PGA but they were still pretty slick

Yeah. The greens would be the most difficult.

I might be able to play bogey golf there if it werent for the impossible pin placements.

I cant even fathom how tough it is to putt there.

A friend of mine at the bar played Augusta when he twenty. Told me he and his dad were invited to play with Bill Walton and a member. His dad played college basketball with Walton. Once in a lifetime opportunity. The last round he played with his dad was Augusta. This was late 80's. They played from the whites. Said he shot 92. He was a 6 handicap at the time. Said it wasn't as hard as he thought it would be. Missed a bunch of putts. But said the down hill lies will kill your score if you don't know how to hit them.

Hautong said he learned the course by watching it on TV.

The announcers literally break down every hole from tee to green. With a little homework I could play Augusta like a veteran.

Shot execution would be a different thing. I have a low ball flight that wouldn't work at Augusta.

Hautong said he learned the course by watching it on TV.

The announcers literally break down every hole from tee to green. With a little homework I could play Augusta like a veteran.

Shot execution would be a different thing. I have a low ball flight that wouldn't work at Augusta.

They let all the caddies play on Monday. Read stories about caddies shooting under par. Makes sense.

It would be close.

The back 9 would be tougher.

Are we able to use all the amenities such as pro equipment, clubhouse, caddy, lodging etc.?

That would help

Are we able to use all the amenities such as pro equipment, clubhouse, caddy, lodging etc.?

That would help

Pro equipment would hurt most.

That would help

how would any of that besides a caddie help? use of the clubhouse? lodging? why would you want "pro equipment" not suited for your game?

Which tees?

Members? Or Masters?

Do I get a caddie who knows the course?

If Im playing members tees with a veteran caddie....yes.