Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Colin Kaepernick is a diick

I think the guy should be able to sit during the anthem if he so desires, I disagree with it, but I get it....

I also think he is a focking hypocrite, taking some stance against the infrequent bad behavior of a select few in such a way as to pretend its some issue worth of anyone's time......meanwhile he has happily associated with folks within the NFL who practice domestic violence etc, which is a FAR greater problem, and seems oblivious to the fact that the people he pretends to care about are shot daily by others.....

So, have at it of course.....but accept the ridicule you so richly deserve as well, because in the end you are in fact a dooshbag....

I don't get this logic.

We all agree that shooting black people is not nearly the biggest problem facing black Americans. Why does that necessarily mean it's not worth anyone's time? If poverty is the #1 problem facing black Americans, is it hypocritical to spend time on say alcoholism or sickle cell anemia?

Isn't the fact that many people think police harassment / shootings isn't a problem at all evidence that it's exactly what Kaep should be talking about if he thinks it's a problem? He doesn't need to convince anyone that gang violence, broken homes, poverty etc is an issue.

He looks like a terrorist. They should keep an eye on him.

I don't "like" posts often. This got a "like"

quote name="MDC" post="5746898" timestamp="1472481600"]

I don't get this logic.

We all agree that shooting black people is not nearly the biggest problem facing black Americans. Why does that necessarily mean it's not worth anyone's time? If poverty is the #1 problem facing black Americans, is it hypocritical to spend time on say alcoholism or sickle cell anemia?

Isn't the fact that many people think police harassment / shootings isn't a problem at all evidence that it's exactly what Kaep should be talking about if he thinks it's a problem? He doesn't need to convince anyone that gang violence, broken homes, poverty etc is an issue.

Maybe if people focused on fixing the poverty and broken homes the crime rates would go down and the problem would solve itself?

I'm just waiting for him to protest by turning down the America dollar. He won't stand for the flag but he'll accept money from a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

I served to protect the right of douchebags like this to protest like this. I also served to protect the right of everyone that wants to call this guy a turd for doing so.

I get what you're saying. And yes, tying the National Anthem to the military is wrong; and I don't think it's disrespectful to the military for him to do it.

He has the right to sit if he wants to and I applaud the US having the right to do that.

However, IMO he's a fucktard for doing it. One has nothing to do with the other.

It's not a nationwide policy for blacks to be oppressed, beaten or shot without due process by LE.

It IS a very small number of people that are being treated improperly by the police; and the issue DOES exist.

Sitting during the national anthem is a "cop" out for him just to be a douche.

He doesn't care about the issue; but he is trying to stir the pot, and it's exceptionally obvious.

THAT'S why people don't respect what he's doing.

Best post in this thread :thumbsup:

I'm just waiting for him to protest by turning down the America dollar. He won't stand for the flag but he'll accept money from a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

Are you saying that anyone that earns money in the United States can't protest perceived injustices?

Or just the Black Celebrities?

He needs to be monitored. Especially after he gets cut.

He is a complete tool and im even pretty sure he converted to islam awhile back. Guy hasnt been oppressed a day in his life, he is rich.

Saint Elistan, how long before you drop your sig line? KAEP N CRUNCH

:lol:

still trying to figure out where blacks are oppressed so much in this country?

maybe look to the top

During Obama's terms 58% more black people are on food stamps, 20% more black people are out of the work force, and 6% less black people own homes.

yet they still want to vote Democratic, and Hillary is going to follow in Obama's footsteps

Are you saying that anyone that earns money in the United States can't protest perceived injustices?

Or just the Black Celebrities?

I'm saying he's a douche-bag hypocrite. He's one of the most privileged people in the entire world and it's because of the country he lives in. He's willing to take the benefits but not honor the sacrifices that have been made to have it. There are other things he can do that don't involve being disrespectful to those that have sacrificed, are currently sacrificing, and will sacrifice in the future. Like I said, he's got the right to do this but that does not include the right to not be called an a-hole for it.

Edited to add: You can take that racist crap and shove it. Don't twist my words to fit your narrative.

Whos Colin Kaepernick?

That guy that played in SB a few years ago? Whatever happened to him?

How long has he been in the NFL? When did he start sitting for national anthems? It doesn't appear it was always the case. So NOW it's a problem but for the first x years of his career it wasn't?

How long has he been in the NFL? When did he start sitting for national anthems? It doesn't appear it was always the case. So NOW it's a problem but for the first x years of his career it wasn't?

Curious isn't it? The ability of a few corrupt people to manipulate the minds of the stupid? Poor little QB allowed the fabricated dogma into the wheelhouse....

• Like 1

Curious isn't it? The ability of a few corrupt people to manipulate the minds of the stupid? Poor little QB allowed the fabricated dogma into the wheelhouse....

reminds me of ravens fans :(
  • Like 1

He wasn't one with allah the first X years.

It's not hypocritical to work for change. Is protesting the NA at a football game, really working for change? Seems pretty lame to me. Don't show up to the game in protest, that would be something.

Really ? Fvck you and him.

he is my hero. :wub:

btw, i dont give a flying fock about the national anthem either.

Kaepernick's a dill hole, but that being said, there is a certain group of people who have declared themselves the bestest Americans, and they are annoying as fock.

I don't get this logic.

You are right, and its a problem... Although disrespecting the national anthem is a slap in the face to the country. Especially considering we all agree that excessive use of force is a problem, but one that is very difficult to eradicate given the difficult demands of policing. It seems silly to me, and its not like the issue isn't in the news every day for the past bunch of years...

still trying to figure out where blacks are oppressed so much in this country?

The oppression that I see is that:

Black people get pulled over at higher rates then whites.

Black people get tougher sentences in the justice system when committing the same crimes as whites.

Black people are shot at a higher rate by police than whites.

The Oscars won't nominate black actors and actresses.

White people apparently say rude comments to black people a lot.

That's just the stuff I've heard about. I bet some people in power secretly make sure black people don't get the same opportunities as whites.

Black people get tougher sentences in the justice system when committing the same crimes as whites.

That's just the stuff I've heard about. I bet some people in power secretly make sure black people don't get the same opportunities as whites.

If you changed black/white to urban/rural and looked at it with an eye towards concentration of crime it gives it a little bit of a different angle.

From what i've read the pulled over is a function of smaller vehicle violations. headlights out, expired stickers..etc. which is a funciton of poverty

Sentences in alot of ways are a deterrant. If drugs and crime are concentrated in areas, the sentences and policing get escalated as a deterrant

I think there is oppression but i think a decent chunk of it is socioeconomics, and a chunk of it is racial. Lightening up on policing and sentencing isn't going to reduce crime or the problems. It will probably make them worse which hurts the people in the community even more...driving down home values, pushing away businesses and sending the communities further into despair

Its a very complex problem which makes the politicization of it even more dissapointing as it drives wedges that more it even harder to help... Like most things done by the government it probably makes the most sense to be more efficient with their policing resources to target crimes and areas that will help the community the most. And thats where the community and the police need to work together to find that balance.

I don't get this logic.

Well, there's really no point in worrying about sickle cell.

It only impacts the dark 'uns.

God's little way (too little too late) of fixing the problem.

He was probably not making a statement. He was just pissed that he is losing a QB battle to Blaine Gabbert and decided to whine and not stand during the anthem. Then when he got called out on it he needed to think up an excuse.

Exactly. He's so familiar riding the bench he probably forgot how to stand.

This. I find it more disturbing how upset people become over such an inconsequential act.

we got people who want to punch him in the face.

Not what i would do to protest, but certainly his right as it is everyone else's right to call him out for it.

He got the attention he wanted...but it wont do much other than get the mouth breathing idiots riled uo and threatening others being tough guys and claimjng that if you don't think just like them that you are unpatriotic.

Black people commit more crimes than the rest of the population period

Black people get the same sentences in the justice system but have a higher likelihood of already being on a second or third offense

Black people are not shot at by a higher rate by cops than white people, when you take into account the amount of crime they commit, and increased police interractions

The Oscars wont nominate black actors or actresses, ok right, just because they don't think they happened to be one of the 5 best actors this year dont gimme that crap, they are nominated when they deserve to be. I guess you prefer there be a Rooney rule for the Oscars

I don't even understand your last point, but black people say far more rude comments to other blacks

And finally its very unlikely that people in power secretly make sure black people dont get opportunities, when every organization and college in the nation has rules in place to make the exact opposite true.

but hey almost 1 of your opinions is correct

Black people commit more crimes than the rest of the population period

Black people get the same sentences in the justice system but have a higher likelihood of already being on a second or third offense

Black people are not shot at by a higher rate by cops than white people, when you take into account the amount of crime they commit, and increased police interractions

The Oscars wont nominate black actors or actresses, ok right, just because they don't think they happened to be one of the 5 best actors this year dont gimme that crap, they are nominated when they deserve to be. I guess you prefer there be a Rooney rule for the Oscars

I don't even understand your last point, but black people say far more rude comments to other blacks

And finally its very unlikely that people in power secretly make sure black people dont get opportunities, when every organization and college in the nation has rules in place to make the exact opposite true.

but hey almost 1 of your opinions is correct

Black people make up a large percentage of the athletic community, but only a small percentage of the coaching and front office positions in every league.

I keep hearing people say "i dont agree with Colin, but as an American, he has every right to speak his mind and protest"

I have yet to hear anyone say he shouldnt be allowed to protest or he should be thrown in jail. Why are people even making this argument?

Black people make up a large percentage of the athletic community, but only a small percentage of the coaching and front office positions in every league.

irrelevant, nobody is stopping them from those positions

its the old adage, those who can PLAY, those who can't COACH

Just being a good player or a great player doesn't make a difference

I keep hearing people say "i dont agree with Colin, but as an American, he has every right to speak his mind and protest"

I have yet to hear anyone say he shouldnt be allowed to protest or he should be thrown in jail. Why are people even making this argument?

I guess I'm wondering why everybody is so outraged about it in the first place.

because if you disrepect my flag, you disrespect my country, and you disrespect me.

Lebron, Carmelo and others did it the right way.

Because some talk show host said it. That's why 10 different people in this thread posted the same thing. They probably think they thought of it.

because if you disrepect my flag, you disrespect my country, and you disrespect me.

Lebron, Carmelo and others did it the right way.

That's his problem, not yours..

This is America. Everything deserves outrage.

I'd have more respect for him if he did more than protest. Get out there and do something about it. What? I don't know. But maybe show your face in these crime ridden communities that are being oppressed. Get some of your league mates involved....if they still respect you. Protesting the way he did does nothing but divide people. Find a way to unite.

Oh and MJ, this goes for you too. Take your $$ and shove it where the sun don't shine. Get out there and talk to the oppressed....face to face.