Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

23 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

What a stupid biotch and anyone who reads that and doesn't immediately think "propaganda" is a stupid biotch that deserves to get Wuhan Flu.

There is no shortage of ventilators.

There is a perceived shortage based on absurd projection models that have zero chance of actually happening.

Focking retards.

I read it and didn't immediately think propaganda....because it wasn't really about a ventilator shortage.  It was about the quality of life you can expect if you are placed on a ventilator and some of the tough decisions people are having to make without having much time preparing for such decisions.

Observe more intensely next time.

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Good Twitter thread

It's kinda like when a hurricane forms out in the ocean and they try to predict its trajectory.  They know with a high degree of certainty where that storm will be tomorrow....not so much in 3-4 days.  As time goes on, they're able to create a better picture of exactly where the storm will be.

It's the same thing here.  As we get closer to these dates and compile more data, we have better projections.  I think one thing we can all agree on is that it's good that these numbers are going down.

13 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

It's kinda like when a hurricane forms out in the ocean and they try to predict its trajectory.  They know with a high degree of certainty where that storm will be tomorrow....not so much in 3-4 days.  As time goes on, they're able to create a better picture of exactly where the storm will be.

It's the same thing here.  As we get closer to these dates and compile more data, we have better projections.  I think one thing we can all agree on is that it's good that these numbers are going down.

Just like MMGW

28 minutes ago, Strike said:

Was she within 6 feet?  :dunno:

I love how the article starts off by saying that they mainly deal with domestic situations now.  Ummm.  Apparently, you don't watch Cops! because every place mainly deals with domestics.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Oof. :doh: 

She is very good looking but so terrible other than that.  She's just another TV personality making money off of riling people up.

Really like what we're seeing out there, things appear to be heading in the right direction.

When do we get the clips of all the left wingers being wrong about this virus? There are plenty of those too. Surprised a show like the daily show hasn’t put one  together.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Reality said:
Really like what we're seeing out there, things appear to be heading in the right direction.

Good signs. We are still on the uptick here in Michigan. On one hand we finally had our first patient make it off of the ventilator at our hospital. On the other hand, I have three patients under 35 who are likely not going to make it. 

29 minutes ago, MDC said:

Oof. :doh: 

In contrast, are you gonna post all the Dems that said to to go about your lives and ignore the virus?  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

Except their models suck so bad, they were off by a factor of 5 in like 3 days.

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

In contrast, are you gonna post all the Dems that said to to go about your lives and ignore the virus?  

I haven’t seen that video. Can you post it?

I’m going to bet that the two biggest things that people are going to remember about this are that Trump put in a travel ban and that he was right about hydrochloriquine. MAGA. 

1 hour ago, Intense Observer said:

Nurse Smollet:

Unpossible.  These people are risking their lives.  Believe every video, every news article, every post.  How dare you 

Nurses are some of the craziest b¡tches in the world already.  Then take that and multiply by 5 for travel nurses.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Sigh. You gotta be a cuck....

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

She's probably crying and dribbling out of her nose and spitting all over the place. What's that bltch maxine waters doing these days? 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

She's probably crying and dribbling out of her nose and spitting all over the place. What's that bltch maxine waters doing these days? 

There was a time when I thought Sheila Jackson Lee was worse than Maxine Waters. i was wrong, but what you're looking at was second place to Maxine Waters for many years up until 'The Squad' arrived on the scene and now she' dropped to sixth.

Video in link

Vox, WaPo, NYT, CNN, NYC health commissioner all downplaying Wuhan Flu.

It is notable that you have to search a lot harder to find these stories. Type in any media outlet or Democrat plus "downplaying coronavirus" and you get pages of Google results about Bad Orange Man and Fox News. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This craziness has kept me pretty busy, but I will tell you there is a slowdown in general that I am seeing, it just seems like the influx of asks from the agencies is greatly reduced, and all my international work that was halted is now resurfacing....

7 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Video in link

Vox, WaPo, NYT, CNN, NYC health commissioner all downplaying Wuhan Flu.

It is notable that you have to search a lot harder to find these stories. Type in any media outlet or Democrat plus "downplaying coronavirus" and you get pages of Google results about Bad Orange Man and Fox News. 

You hit the nail on the head! It's very difficult to search anything using democrat, Clinton,  Biden etc... with covid. 

7 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Here is the great Dr Fauci back on 2/3/20

This has to be fake.  Everybody knew everything about the Covid-19 back in January.   

Director of the CDC, commenting on how many will actually die relative to the model predictions:

DR. REDFIELD: I think different people may look at it in different ways in terms of transparency. CDC had models early on. We didn’t really publicize the models. We used them internally to understand deviation strategies. I think part of the importance of getting the American public’s attention that these models did, we really need the American public to be fully engaged now with great rigor and vigilance on the social distancing. As you pointed out, those models that were done, they assume only about 50 percent of the American public would pay attention to the recommendations. In fact, what we’re seeing is a large majority of the American public are taking the social distancing recommendations to heart. And I think that’s the direct consequence of why you’re seeing the numbers are going to be much, much, much lower than would have been predicted by the models.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Director of the CDC, commenting on how many will actually die relative to the model predictions:

Let's hope so. I have been trying to have the Stockdale Paradox in mind when looking at this situation. Prepare for the worst situation (but don't despair because we will get through this) and don't be so overly optimistic that you are disappointed if the best case does not come to fruition.  

Has CNN vilified either Pelosi or Deblasio for their statements?  Just curious....

The State of Vermont and a nearby MI township have finally told big boxes to stop selling non- essential items and to close off certain departments.   Lowe’s was sent a cease and desist letter yesterday telling them to close their garden center.  

Bigger grocery stores are now limiting the number of customers and making aisles one-way. 

This all should have been done weeks ago in all states.   

Unfortunately, profits are still being prioritized over employee health  and public safety.   

We’re all so quick to yell fock China, fock Trump, fock Pelosi, or whoever else we hate.  But we sit quietly and watch corporate fat asses capitalize on this crisis, jeopardize the health of their employees and promote the spread of this virus through their lack of initiative.  

When all the dust settles, we should remember this, but we won’t.  

My cousin is an asst mgr at Wal Mart.   She’s not usually prone to drama queenish behavior so I was sortsa shocked when she posted this on FB a couple days ago:

Its lunchtime and I'm sitting in my car. I can't stop crying. I don't do this. But unless you are out here in this you can't understand.
 Today...I watched a customer throw food at one of my associates because she put the wrong side item in the wrong spot. A lady got in my face screaming because we are killing everyone by not enforcing social distancing(ironic). A lady who comes every single day threw her wadded up tissues at me because we didnt have hand sanitizer for her to use. 
 I have a front row seat to the break down of society. Where is humanity and common sense? I just dont know how much longer i can take this. Just be nice!

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

My cousin is an asst mgr at Wal Mart.   She’s not usually prone to drama queenish behavior so I was sortsa shocked when she posted this on FB a couple days ago:

Its lunchtime and I'm sitting in my car. I can't stop crying. I don't do this. But unless you are out here in this you can't understand.
 Today...I watched a customer throw food at one of my associates because she put the wrong side item in the wrong spot. A lady got in my face screaming because we are killing everyone by not enforcing social distancing(ironic). A lady who comes every single day threw her wadded up tissues at me because we didnt have hand sanitizer for her to use. 
 I have a front row seat to the break down of society. Where is humanity and common sense? I just dont know how much longer i can take this. Just be nice!

Every generation we should be raising the bar as far as intelligence, achievement, behavior, etc...We were for a long time but, and maybe I'm just being get off my lawn guy, for the last 30-40 years it seems we're lowering it.  I feel sorry for the world in 50 years.

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Wait.  So Walmart is where the break down of society is supposed to start and she is just figuring that out now?  Next, they will tell us that water is wet!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Every generation we should be raising the bar as far as intelligence, achievement, behavior, etc...We were for a long time but, and maybe I'm just being get off my lawn guy, for the last 30-40 years it seems we're lowering it.  I feel sorry for the world in 50 years.

Have you ever seen Idiocracy?