KSB2424

Nothing on the Texas School shooting?

Gabby giffords just commented.  was on tv, so I hope I quote her correctly. She very movingly said:

"GARARAHHH! ACK Thppt!"

Wow. She makes Timmah sound like Winston churchill.

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not that it will stop some thug in Baltimore from having guns and shooting people.    

But I too am perfectly fine with many of the gun buying laws that are mentioned in this thread.

Wow imagine that.  Group of crazy righty gun wielding hillbillies says "yeah sure I am fine with this".  You wouldn't believe it if you just took the bored liberals word for it.  Or super moderate rusty.  

Or the head of the nra. How the f*** those guys continuously get away with not being The voice of the people who pay their salary is beyond me.

I figured it out. Since changing pronouns and labels and genders and what the hell ever seems to be the thing to do these days, and since Republicans seem to be so hell bent on saving fetuses, let's just change the definition of fetus to anyone under the age of 15.

How about this, besides keeping all doors locked at schools.

Mental health evaluation by a psychiatrist for any one purchasing a firearm/gun and/or ammunition.  Paid for by the gun manufacturers and maybe even the NRA.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

How about this, besides keeping all doors locked at schools.

Mental health evaluation by a psychiatrist for any one purchasing a firearm/gun and/or ammunition.  Paid for by the gun manufacturers and maybe even the NRA.

There aren't enough mental health professionals in the us.  The wait list would be years

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

There aren't enough mental health professionals in the us.  The wait list would be years

How about this then, the psychiatric community create a complete and comprehensive questionnaire with yes or no answers that includes detecting false answers for anyone wanting to purchase a gun or ammo?  The sellers could provide the test to the applicant and then their answers could be analyzed by a computer with recommendation on how to proceed.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sounded like a good point but I don't think it's a very equal comparison.  How do we compare to similarly developed countries?

We compare very well when you account for our increased population of blacks. When you balance that our shooting numbers are comparable to Europe. Of course that's racist to talk about so we go straight to banning guns 

• Thanks 3

The race to the tip initiative instituted by the Obama administration doesn’t help schools deal with violence. 

Why don't people ever blame the car when drunk drives kill someone? Or the knife or bomb. The fact they are so quick to blame guns tells me there's so much more behind taking Americans guns away.

35 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Why don't people ever blame the car when drunk drives kill someone? 

:blink:

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

We compare very well when you account for our increased population of blacks. When you balance that our shooting numbers are comparable to Europe. Of course that's racist to talk about so we go straight to banning guns 

If you take a look at all 50 states, the black population is in direct correlation with the gun crime stats. The United States does not have a gun problem. 

• Thanks 1

I just watched a short video about all the victims. I’ve been trying to avoid watching or reading about this tragedy…was hard to watch to the end.

• Like 1

I feel about gun control  is like my feelings about abortion - I am not sure I am on the moral high ground with my position but I don't like the alternatives either.   These tweets sum up my feelings pretty well.   Clear and concise.   Not everyone who doesn't jump at "ban all guns" is a "gun nut".   I don't even own a gun and I agree with what's noted here:

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Why don't people ever blame the car when drunk drives kill someone? Or the knife or bomb. The fact they are so quick to blame guns tells me there's so much more behind taking Americans guns away.

This kid purchased 2 AR styled rifles just days after his 18th birthday, for the sole purpose of murdering innocent children. 

Drunk drivers don't purchase their vehicles with intent to kill innocent drivers. 

This argument is as asinine as many of the ones you accuse the lefties of here... You do have a point, but this isn't the way to get there - you're reaching, least with cars. 

• Sad 1

My heart breaks for the families and more importantly, the surviving kids who witnessed what they saw. 

They will be messed up for a long time, if not forever. 

14 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

This kid purchased 2 AR styled rifles just days after his 18th birthday, for the sole purpose of murdering innocent children. 

Drunk drivers don't purchase their vehicles with intent to kill innocent drivers. 

This argument is as asinine as many of the ones you accuse the lefties of here... You do have a point, but this isn't the way to get there - you're reaching, least with cars. 

The Nice France killer rented a truck with the sole purpose of killing people. Same with the Wisconsin killer who plowed into a Christmas parade. Nobody blamed the car. Not one person so, no the argument is not "asinine". It's directly on point and shows how weak the banning guns crowd position is.

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

The Nice France killer rented a truck with the sole purpose of killing people. Same with the Wisconsin killer who plowed into a Christmas parade. Nobody blamed the car. Not one person so, no the argument is not "asinine". It's directly on point and shows how weak the banning guns crowd position is.

All the mass shootings, and you pull 2 car examples.... That's like saying two 8 year old kids caught covid so all kids need the vax. 

Like I said, you're on the right trail, but reaching with this. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

All the mass shootings, and you pull 2 car examples.... That's like saying two 8 year old kids caught covid so all kids need the vax. 

Like I said, you're on the right trail, but reaching with this. 

Those are just off the top of my head, zero research. How many examples could I pull with people in cars with bombs? I'm sure there are a bunch more car attacks if I did any research. Along with drunk drivers. Knife attacks, rope strangulations, blunt object attacks etc....

The whole point is nobody blames the inanimate object in those tragedies. Only the gun is to blame. 

I am 100% on point.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Those are just off the top of my head, zero research. How many examples could I pull with people in cars with bombs? I'm sure there are a bunch more car attacks if I did any research. Along with drunk drivers. Knife attacks, rope strangulations, blunt object attacks etc....

The whole point is nobody blames the inanimate object in those tragedies. Only the gun is to blame. 

I am 100% on point.

Sure you are, k. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I am 100% on point.

You're 100 percent on dumbass. You're comparing a transportation means with a weapon. But then let us compare anyway. Vehicles now have myriad protective aspects put in place over the course of decades. Seat belts. No drinking and driving. Speed limits and various traffic laws. Air bags. Making vehicles safer to drive. 

Let's do this with guns so fewer people die.

Suck it! 

Pimpadeaux wins again. 😎

I would have figured cops in Texas would be tough.

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Jimmy Kimmel is on now crying and blaming Ted Cruz & Abbott for the shooting. Oh my!

Just happened to be in their red state, huh? I'm surprised they didn't leave on vacation.

47 minutes ago, naomi said:

I would have figured cops in Texas would be tough.

I don't get it. They show some cops stationed outside to keep people from putting themselves in danger. Isn't that common for all dangerous crime scenes?

Sounds like the twit twitting has an issue with police doing their job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I don't get it. They show some cops stationed outside to keep people from putting themselves in danger. Isn't that common for all dangerous crime scenes?

Actually, post columbine, law enforcement across the Nation was instructed to engage when there is an active shooter. Not to do what the Columbine cowards did and post a perimeter, order donuts and wait for swat to  show up.

Guess these guys didn't get the memo.

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Actually, post columbine, law enforcement across the Nation was instructed to engage when there is an active shooter. Not to do what the Columbine cowards did and post a perimeter, order donuts and wait for swat to  show up.

Guess these guys didn't get the memo.

So in that video, you could see that ALL the cops were outside keeping crowd control? How did you see that in the video? And how is it that a cop killed the shooter by performing crowd control?

Don't you think  that if the cops and firefighters and doctors allowed people to bum rush an emergency situation that it would be the wrong thing to do?

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

People with guns (the cops) are not pursuing the shooter.

Kids were still under direct threat, if not being killed, as that video was being taken.

Parents (at least a lot of them) are naturally going to have more courage in that situation than the first responders/be willing to accept losing their life in an effort to save their kid.

No effort to save their kid happening...when the means are right there... and they're prohibited from trying...anguishing.

The guy who lost his daughter who was trying to get through the line, what if he had?

6 minutes ago, naomi said:

People with guns (the cops) are not pursuing the shooter.

Kids were under direct threat, if not being killed, as that video was being taken.

Parents (at least a lot of them) are naturally going to have more courage in that situation/be willing to accept losing their life in an effort to save their kid.

No effort to save their kid happening...when the means are right there... anguishing.

The guy who lost his daughter who was trying to get through the line, what if he had?

So you don't think there were cops pursuing the situation inside while other cops were keeping people away outside?

Maybe next time they can just let all the parents rush in and let even more chaos and death occur.  :dunno:

This morning I read a few Twitter threads with screen grabs from various media that published (and was updating) the timeline of events. 

There's definitely the spectre that they left him alone for far too long. There was a concern he had body armor on (it turned out to be an empty plate carrier) so they decided to wait for tactical. And the whole wait time was incredibly long.

It sounds like a very timid response, up until the guy who chose to really put himself in danger (a choice those parents were beyond making).

10 minutes ago, naomi said:

This morning I read a few Twitter threads with screen grabs from various media that published (and was updating) the timeline of events. 

There's definitely the spectre that they left him alone for far too long. There was a concern he had body armor on (it turned out to be an empty plate carrier) so they decided to wait for tactical. And the whole wait time was incredibly long.

It sounds like a very timid response, up until the guy who chose to really put himself in danger (a choice those parents were beyond making).

It could be, but twitter is a cesspool of extremist hatred. It's hard to assess the truth from that "source". It's like your video above, you only get one tiny view of the scene, and some comment from someone who has an extremist opinion based on nothing. 

Good ole hussein obama had words about this tragedy. WTF? Why doesn't he just pitch his favorite brand of coffee while he's at it?

"As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer," Obama wrote Wednesday. "His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him."

"In the aftermath of his murder, a new generation of activists rose up to channel their anguish into organized action, launching a movement to raise awareness of systemic racism and the need for criminal justice and police reform," the former president continued before plugging an initiative for his foundation.

­

Salvador Ramos barricaded himself inside the classroom before opening fire on students and teachers inside. Border Patrol agents finally breached the door about 40 minutes to an hour later when a staff member gave them a key.

There was at least 40 lawmen armed to the teeth but didn’t do a darn thing [until] it was far too late,” Javier Cazares, the father of 10-year-old victim Jackie Cazares, told ABC News.

A witness who lived across the street from the elementary school, said onlookers begged officers outside the school to do something as bullets rang inside the building.

“Go in there! Go in there!” nearby women shouted at the officers who did not go inside, 24-year-old Juan Carranza said.
Ramos barged into one classroom, locked the door behind him and allegedly began massacring fourth-grade students and their teachers, according to the public safety department.

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said it was “within 40 minutes or so” from when the 18-year-old opened fire on the school security officer to when the Border Patrol team shot him.

It’s stoopid senseless violence that won’t ever fawking end until it’s completely ignored. 

11 hours ago, Gepetto said:

How about this then, the psychiatric community create a complete and comprehensive questionnaire with yes or no answers that includes detecting false answers for anyone wanting to purchase a gun or ammo?  The sellers could provide the test to the applicant and then their answers could be analyzed by a computer with recommendation on how to proceed.

Just have zucker and company make an algorithm to track all of your online posts to see if you are a murderer...

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Good ole hussein obama had words about this tragedy. WTF? Why doesn't he just pitch his favorite brand of coffee while he's at it?

"As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer," Obama wrote Wednesday. "His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him."

"In the aftermath of his murder, a new generation of activists rose up to channel their anguish into organized action, launching a movement to raise awareness of systemic racism and the need for criminal justice and police reform," the former president continued before plugging an initiative for his foundation.

Why did hussein say this? Because he still is racist against whites.

I have an idea.  The 40 Billion sent to Ukraine we instead:

1.  Take 10B to update / upgrade our schools with cameras - locking mechanisms - etc for security.

2.  Stop demonizing law enforcement and take 10B to better train them and raise pay to attract talent.  

3.  Send 10B to the southern border to secure it and humanly deal with the surging issue of illegal crossings / trafficking of drugs including fentanyl. 

4.  Send 10 Billion Dollars to Ukraine to help them fight for Democracy against an invading nation.