KSB2424

Nothing on the Texas School shooting?

When you hear gunshots in a school you get your ass in the school. Sometimes you have to throw out the protocols. If this is true about the cops It’s disgraceful.  

• Like 1

Just sad the whole way around. Full stop.

There is so much to say as a teacher and a dad to a girl who is the same age as these kids. But anything would come off as partisan or most likely irrationally emotional in the moment seeing as how close I am to so many aspects of this.

It's sad that we as a society can not figure out a better way to handle all of this but more importantly that we don't really try.

It's a shame because you can't read "thoughts and prayers" a bedtime story, tuck them in bed, and tell them you love them before they drift off to sleep.

So this is interesting.  Some complain that cops need better training and have rules put in place to protect people better... but, when they actually do that, people complain.  Usually, it seems like the complaining about action and non-action is based solely on who the victims are.

People on this site complaining that there were cops assigned to keep other people from running into the building where there was an active shooter. :doh:

2 hours ago, edjr said:

None of their kids were in there. It's like politicians sending other kids to war that aren't their own

Yes there were. 

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

so now the left wants to blame cops?

It has to be, because the shooter wasn't white.  Either that, or it's the gun's fault.

• Like 1

There are protocols for a barricaded person. I’m sure the cops followed them. But when the shooting starts, amd especially since he had shot at the cops before going in, you throw the playbook out. If the reports are true. I was at a shooting once and the people started yelling for us to do CPR. I had to tell them the “ victim” was still breathing and talking. Sometimes people don’t know what’s going on in totality. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are protocols for a barricaded person. I’m sure the cops followed them. But when the shooting starts, amd especially since he had shot at the cops before going in, you throw the playbook out. If the reports are true. I was at a shooting once and the people started yelling for us to do CPR. I had to tell them the “ victim” was still breathing and talking. Sometimes people don’t know what’s going on in totality. 

this too. how the fock do people know they weren't told to stand down and control crowd or something???? while special task force or border patrol ordered that they were performing operation or something???

After 9/11 we didn’t ban planes. We secured the cockpit. Do the same with schools 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, porkbutt said:

so now the left wants to blame cops? maybe they suck now because we defunded them and have no good candidates any more? who's fault is that?

I don't think it's political.  The parents are saying the cops waited outside while the shooter kept murdering kids.  That's focked up

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I don't think it's political.  The parents are saying the cops waited outside while the shooter kept murdering kids.  That's focked up

Doesn’t seem they are very masculine. 

Schumer blocks Senate GOP school safety bill, angering Republicans

'You're a liar and a hack,' Sen. Rick Scott tweeted to Schumer after he blocked Luke and Alex School Safety Act

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schumer-blocks-senate-gop-school-safety-bill-angering-republicans

Nation Comes Together During Tragedy To Engage In Tradition Of Hateful Bickering

https://babylonbee.com/news/nation-comes-together-in-time-of-grieving-to-engage-in-traditional-ritual-of-arguing-and-hating-each-other

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

wasn't directed at you per se....reading a lot of leftards yelling about cops now. i find it hilarious....after a year of defunding and hating on them...where many of the good ones retired or quit...they now complaining...it's hilarious

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Masshole said:

I feel about gun control  is like my feelings about abortion - I am not sure I am on the moral high ground with my position but I don't like the alternatives either.   These tweets sum up my feelings pretty well.   Clear and concise.   Not everyone who doesn't jump at "ban all guns" is a "gun nut".   I don't even own a gun and I agree with what's noted here:

I would've been for gun control if cops weren't told to stand by while we characterized riots as peaceful protests.  Now I think every business owner in a metropolitan area is stupid if they don't have an arsenal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I would've been for gun control if cops weren't told to stand by while we characterized riots as peaceful protests.  Now I think every business owner in a metropolitan area is stupid if they don't have an arsenal.

yup i personally know 6 friends and family members who ran out and bought guns after the riots.

barack obama wants us to remember 2nd annivesary of george floyd. what a focktard. meh some innocent kids...but remember a pregnant women punching thug thief fetanyl crack addict.

14 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

yup i personally know 6 friends and family members who ran out and bought guns after the riots.

barack obama wants us to remember 2nd annivesary of george floyd. what a focktard. meh some innocent kids...but remember a pregnant women punching thug thief fetanyl crack addict.

What a piece of sh!t

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

Ouch :( 

13 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

Wow, what a clown.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

The only one who loved George Floyd was his dealer.  Everyone else are a bunch of bojanglers. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Wow, what a clown.

:thumbsup:  Was a clown when he was president and is a clown today.

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Right out of your article:

“The bottom line is law enforcement was there,” McCraw said. “They did engage immediately. They did contain (Ramos) in the classroom.”

Except, that turned out to be b*******. Read the news.  Nobody confronted him. He walked in an unlocked door and went to work. And 45 minutes later, border patrol of all people stepped in?

6 hours ago, porkbutt said:

so now the left wants to blame cops? maybe they suck now because we defunded them and have no good candidates any more? who's fault is that?

So Columbine happened because we defunded the police 25 years later?  Parkland? 

That's a b******* excuse anyway. Ive yet to read a story where the mass shooting has happened and some heroic cop says, you know I would have done something, but I couldn't afford any bullets...

13 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

It’s stoopid senseless violence that won’t ever fawking end until it’s completely ignored. 

This has merit.  Speaking about only the killer of course.  Media should never make these killers famous.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

LOL at "especially those who loved him"  I'm sure that's legion.

Should've been "especially those who used his death to further their political agenda or profit" as there were a lot more in that category than those who loved him.

The Texas Department of Public Safety official said the gunman was not confronted by a school resource officer outside the school, and apparently entered an unlocked door. The same law enforcement agency previously said an officer had "engaged" him.

8 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So Columbine happened because we defunded the police 25 years later?  Parkland? 

That's a b******* excuse anyway. I get to read a story where the mass shooting has happened and some heroic cop says, you know I would have done something, but I couldn't afford any bullets...

no dummy. no one blamed the cops when columbine happened. im saying it's hilarious that the left is going after the cops not doing anything now after trying to destroy police forces for the last year

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

Yeah, because the shooter wasn't white, we have to make sure that everyone knows all about cops and racism.

Defund police = less of them and / or poorly trained or lower standards. 

Crime is UP everywhere.  Wrist slaps for criminals. 

AND we want your guns. 

Those things do not go together.  :dunno:

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

LOL at "especially those who loved him"  I'm sure that's legion.

Should've been "especially those who used his death to further their political agenda or profit" as there were a lot more in that category than those who loved him.

They lovedhim so much they lived in Houston while he was destroying himself on the streets with dope in Minneapolis 

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Right out of your article:

“The bottom line is law enforcement was there,” McCraw said. “They did engage immediately. They did contain (Ramos) in the classroom.”

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw told reporters that 40 minutes to an hour elapsed from when Ramos opened fire on the school security officer to when the tactical team shot him, though a department spokesman said later that they could not give a solid estimate of how lon

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw told reporters that 40 minutes to an hour elapsed from when Ramos opened fire on the school security officer to when the tactical team shot him, though a department spokesman said later that they could not give a solid estimate of how lon

Beats me. I just quoted the article that was posted. I imagine there are a lot of factors in dealing with a situation like that. Did they think there were hostages or whatever?

Just defund the police again. We can give stacey abrams and many other liberals what they want.

We probably should get rid of border agents too. 

Turns out the “good guys with guns” couldn’t do 💩. And Abbott cut mental health funding by $211 million last year, so how dare he blab about “mental health” now, especially since he said he was gonna do something about it after El Paso?

A lot of people, even here in the mostly conservative GC, can agree that some limited gun regulations are in order. Time for Congress and the president to step up and do something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Door was unlocked, no security guard, the cops that arrived on scene sat outside and waited for SWAT while the murdered kids one by one.

These focking disgraceful pieces of sh!t should all be brought up on charges.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10858529/Texas-cops-reveal-NO-armed-guard-campus-gunman-walked-unlocked-door.html

This is basic sh!t that should have saved these kids lives.

'Let’s rush in because the cops aren’t doing anything': Parents frustrated with 'unprepared' police outside Texas massacre school debated storming the building THEMSELVES while gunman was holed up inside for 90 minutes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10855093/Furious-father-Texas-school-shooting-victim-slams-police-failing-stop-gunman-HOUR.html

Focking rent a cop faggits.