Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Black babies more likely to die in the hands of white docs

I  read the article and clicked on the actual study but it appears you need a subscription.

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/08/12/1913405117

This in no way passes a smell test.   Really?  Doctors somehow don't care about babies now?  Does this really pass any common sense or logical test?  I've been wrong before and I'm open to anymore studies and proof but I'd bet a weeks pay this doesn't hold up.

This reminds me of that "Study" that said vaccines caused autism that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine and then was debunked 10 fold later. 

• Thanks 1

What's the infant mortality rate in Africa again?

Pure scum. Fine, only go to black doctors. Problem solved. 

20 million black babies have been aborted since 1973 but they don't give a shiit about that now do they? 

6 minutes ago, riversco said:

20 million black babies have been aborted since 1973 but they don't give a shiit about that now do they? 

Sorry but that is a red herring.  It's not that I disagree with black babies are disproportionately aborted but its not applicable to the argument. 

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Sorry but that is a red herring.  It's not that I disagree with black babies are disproportionately aborted but its not applicable to the argument. 

Well, is it white doctors killing all the black babies by request from the black mom? Maybe that accounts for the 3-1 death rate?

One possible explanation would be white doctors are more willing to work in free clinics.

How do they control for the quality of the hospital in the study?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I hate this line of reasoning. We have learned for decades that if you apply these restrictions, democrats will corrupt them so that they only apply to republicans while democrats can run roughshod and say whatever.  This is why Trump is a breath of fresh air.  He dishes it all right back at them and people who want to nitpick or play semantics are absolutely focking puzzies.

Historically, in America, everybody has been more likely to die at the hands of white doctors. 

That's going to change over time as more and more asian/indian doctors take over the practice here. 

OBGYN wife read the article and just laughed.

Its JUST in Florida which she said is a show as far as prenatal care. Also, was it the same number of white and black doctors and the same number of white and black babies?  What percentage had complications?  What type of prenatal care did they have?  So many unanswered questions....

But its liberal media...so everything must be racial

Sounds like a good way to get people to pay to see the content. Slap an insane title onto a bogus study. Then it leads to a study where it happened at like one hospital. 

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I  read the article and clicked on the actual study but it appears you need a subscription.

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/08/12/1913405117

This in no way passes a smell test.   Really?  Doctors somehow don't care about babies now?  Does this really pass any common sense or logical test?  I've been wrong before and I'm open to anymore studies and proof but I'd bet a weeks pay this doesn't hold up.

This reminds me of that "Study" that said vaccines caused autism that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine and then was debunked 10 fold later. 

The Lancet, not NEJofM. 

Obese mothers have many more at risk pregnancies. Black women have the highest  rate of obesity compared to any other group in America. Do what you will with that info. 

There's Trump sowing racial division again.

Oh wait....

PFB is right, its trump and conservativs, not the democrats,  CNNs and MSNBCs that are divisive ones.

Alternative universe stuff. 

It's all about prenatal care and the vast numbers difference in white to black doctors. White doctors being numerically superior are more likely to be on call when a woman with no obgyn and no prenatal care staggers in off the street. 

And its obviously fake news by CNN because it's not a national study.

How do these particular baby deaths relate in regards to the mothers being addicted to drugs?

22 minutes ago, drobeski said:

If they stopped aborting them by the thousands, maybe the numbers would reduce a little. 

295,000 in 2017 

“In view of the large families of the Slav native population, it could only suit us if girls and women there had as many abortions as possible. We are not interested in seeing the non-German population multiply…We must use every means to instill in the population the idea that it is harmful to have several children, the expenses that they cause and the dangerous effect on woman's health… It will be necessary to open special institutions for abortions and doctors must be able to help out there in case there is any question of this being a breach of their professional ethics." - Adolf Hitler 1942

Black babies are more likely to be aborted too. Since it was legalized 43 million babies have been killed 20 million of them have been black. 

Stop knocking these giant fat chicks up. Just blow jobs past 150. In the car, not the house. 

52 minutes ago, posty said:

Well no kidding...  Whites make up 56.2% of doctors in 2018 where blacks were at 5.0%...  Chances are you will get a white doctor over a black doctor...

https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/workforce/interactive-data/figure-18-percentage-all-active-physicians-race/ethnicity-2018

This will be the next thing CA lowers.  They'll lower the requirements to get a medical degree so that more black people can become doctors.

23 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

discuss

Well that's gonna put some blacks/liberals brain in a pretzel.

Sooo... Then... black babies should be cared for by black doctors and whites with whites.

Gotta keep 'em separated. 

So things aren't equal after all? 

I'm fine with it.  Its the first step in admitting things aren't equal and people aren't equal and life isn't equal. 

The % of black doctors is very low to begin with.  What is the sample size?    My 3 kids were fine with whitey.