listen2me 23

RIP Toby Keith

RIP

My favorite of his as well as one of my all time favorites by anyone

RIP. Good man, good patriot. 

• Like 1

🙁

He was one of my favorite country artists. Grew up listening to him. A lot of memories with his songs that I look back fondly on. Ret in peace cowboy. I know you’re up in heaven with a red solo cup having fun with Jimmy Buffet 

1st restaurant I ever went to in Vegas. 2005

62 is far too young. Fock cancer

Is this something both sides agree on? :o   This is a focking travesty. 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Is this something both sides agree on? :o   This is a focking travesty. 

He called himself a "conservative Democrat" at one point. He spoke kindly of Obama and McCain. He later ditched the Democratic Party and became independent. He thanked Obama for his service at a Trump inauguration event.

Now here's a true patriot right there, a man who thought for himself and looked at the big picture instead of falling in lockstep behind a singular mindset.

And he was funny as hell.

• Like 1

Went to a giants game in Dallas after 9/11. The Cowboys were lined up in the far tunnel. Emmitt Smith led them out carrying a huge American Flag and Should Have Been A Cowboy was playing. It was awesome. And I thought man I hate the Cowboys, but that was just perfect. One of the best things I have ever seen at a game. Giants lost. I got laid.  Great trip. 

if you’ve never seen his movie Beer for my Horses I suggest watching it. It’s funny & lighthearted. Absolute fav scene in the movie. He had Rodney Carrington in it with him. 

Zirra was a big fan, sang a lot of his songs when we used to do karaoke. 

Saw him in concert a few times. 

:(

That's too bad, not sure why but thought he was getting better/got better. RIP Toby.

“Never apologize for being patriotic. Fuuck em” - Toby Keith 

One of my best friends from Air Force is actually his cousin. Met him a few times. REALLY cool guy. My sister & BIL went to his house in Nashville with other artists and he remembered hanging out with my & my buddy(cousin) when he was down in San Antonio. One of my favorite artists & one that really has hurt 

Not a country music fan and do not know any of his songs but did read of his cancer battle. Sucks. F cancer. Reading these posts sounds like he was a great dude. Again F Cancer. RIP. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Went to a giants game in Dallas after 9/11. The Cowboys were lined up in the far tunnel. Emmitt Smith led them out carrying a huge American Flag and Should Have Been A Cowboy was playing. It was awesome. And I thought man I hate the Cowboys, but that was just perfect. One of the best things I have ever seen at a game. Giants lost. I got laid.  Great trip. 

Was he gentle?

YARN | You have to have carnal knowledge, of a lady this time, on the premises. | Top Gun (1986) | Video clips by quotes | eab41556 | 紗 (getyarn.io)

• Haha 1

Reminds me of my favorite bar in Texarkana Arkansas, Fat Jacks

I wonder what Taylor Swift will be willing to say publicly about the man who gave her her first big break and record deal.  I’m not dissing Taylor here, but it just seems like another unfortunate story of people who were once similar, being divided by modern day identity politics.  

8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

He called himself a "conservative Democrat" at one point. He spoke kindly of Obama and McCain. He later ditched the Democratic Party and became independent. He thanked Obama for his service at a Trump inauguration event.

Now here's a true patriot right there, a man who thought for himself and looked at the big picture instead of falling in lockstep behind a singular mindset.

And he was funny as hell.

Ah, this must be why @lod001 hasn’t been in here yet to claim it was Covid vax-induced “turbo cancer.”

RIP.  I’m a country fan and enjoyed most of his songs.  “I Wanna Talk About Me” by far my favorite, although “Courtesy of the Red White and Blue” was a classic too after 9/11

• Sad 1

Great guy and Country Music would have sucked a lot worst in the 2000's without his music. They showed him 2 weeks ago and he was real thin and looking like Billy Bob Thorton and that wasn't good. R.I.P Toby!