Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

😕 Not being in Michigan, it's hard to have a pulse on what's going on.

My default position is Trump Good, Whitmer bad.

IT seems like it's hit and miss with Whitmer. I don't like how she ordered doctors to not use the malaria drug. I also don't like that Michigan is one of the states hardest hit by the infection which doesn't seem right. It's not fair to point fingers as I don't know why. Now, these executive orders do seem to be alright by me so far as most go. I do have one that bugs me. I think if someone has a boat and wants to fock off zooming around on the lake fishing and getting some fresh air with the friends and family they'll be locked up with anyway, that's perfectly reasonable and acceptable social distancing. If it's some ferry like the ones we ride to Mackinac Island that are packed with tourists/strangers, maybe that boat had best stay moored.

You can still get an abortion in Michigan. But you can’t get back surgery. You can’t buy tomato seeds, but you can still get pot. This chick is whack. 

24 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

😕 Not being in Michigan, it's hard to have a pulse on what's going on.

My default position is Trump Good, Whitmer bad.

IT seems like it's hit and miss with Whitmer. I don't like how she ordered doctors to not use the malaria drug. I also don't like that Michigan is one of the states hardest hit by the infection which doesn't seem right. It's not fair to point fingers as I don't know why. Now, these executive orders do seem to be alright by me so far as most go. I do have one that bugs me. I think if someone has a boat and wants to fock off zooming around on the lake fishing and getting some fresh air with friends and family I'll be locked up with anyway, that's perfectly reasonable and acceptable social distancing. If it's some ferry like the ones we ride to Mackinac Island that are packed with tourists/strangers, maybe that boat had best stay moored.

As I understand it, you can use a boat with no motor but not one with a motor.  You can't visit your cabin up north but someone from out of state is allowed to visit theirs.  There is some 50,000 square foot rule about selling seeds I think which makes no sense to me.  Can you buy lottery tickets and liquor in stores over 50,000 sq feet?  Yep.  And then as HT pointed out, the abortion thing.  She's in over her head and whoever is advising her is doing a poor job.

10 minutes ago, fandandy said:

As I understand it, you can use a boat with no motor but not one with a motor.  You can't visit your cabin up north but someone from out of state is allowed to visit theirs.  There is some 50,000 square foot rule about selling seeds I think which makes no sense to me.  Can you buy lottery tickets and liquor in stores over 50,000 sq feet?  Yep.  And then as HT pointed out, the abortion thing.  She's in over her head and whoever is advising her is doing a poor job.

It seems willynilly piecemeal all over the place. 

If her instincts are lockdown tight, bless her good luck. If her instincts are loosen things up, get back to work and re-grow the economy, bless her good luck. I could get on board with either approach depending on the tea leaves she was reading. It's her job to put her finger on the pulse of the state and look around at what others are doing and figure something out.

if her instincts are half of this and half of that and go overboard with too much of this.... that's push-me-pull-you nonsense.

4 hours ago, MDC said:

We’re basically agreeing that Trump is encouraging people to do something irresponsible and potentially dangerous for political reasons. I think we only disagree in that I think it’s focked up. I don’t care about the back and forth between the POTUS and some governors otherwise.

:doh:

11 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It seems willynilly piecemeal all over the place. 

If her instincts are lockdown tight, bless her good luck. If her instincts are loosen things up, get back to work and re-grow the economy, bless her good luck. I could get on board with either approach depending on the tea leaves she was reading. It's her job to put her finger on the pulse of the state and look around at what others are doing and figure something out.

if her instincts are half of this and half of that and go overboard with too much of this.... that's push-me-pull-you nonsense.

Fairly straight forward to me.  The people that pay the most state tax and the people with the best lobbyists are staying open.

7 hours ago, fandandy said:

I’m going to remove the Raptor engine from my boat, have the wife and kids get in and try paddling around the lake. :lol:

14 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Are houses still being built?  Are stores still open?  Other than restaurants and bars, what businesses were forced to close?

Can you play golf, take your boat out?

It looks like they’re allowing golf again in Michigan, with certain restrictions. 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You can still get an abortion in Michigan. But you can’t get back surgery. You can’t buy tomato seeds, but you can still get pot. This chick is whack. 

Whitmer says abortion is life sustaining    If this wasn’t so sad it would be funny 

“We stopped elective surgeries here in Michigan,” she said. “Some people have tried to say that that type of a procedure is considered the same, and that’s ridiculous,” she added, referring to abortion.

“A woman’s health care, her whole future, her ability to decide if and when she starts a family is not an ‘election,’ it is a fundamental to her life,” Whitmer said. “It is life-sustaining, and it’s something that government should not be getting in the middle of.”

7 hours ago, fandandy said:

All of this says one thing to me. She ain't in charge. Everyone is in her ear and they are running things. 

15 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I’m really not agreeing to that.  I don’t think tweeting “free Michigan” amounts to encouraging bad behavior.  

People aren’t exactly rioting in the streets over here.  There was one well organized demonstration where a handful acted irresponsibly.  

I really feel like he’s taking a shot at a rival gov that he thinks is inept.  Nothing more. 

I think Trump picked those states to encourage the protests. My guess is he’s either lashing out at the governors or trying to pin the blame for the cratering economy on them. I think the POTUS should have better judgment than that.

We’re talking in circles. At least you’ve been respectful though so agree to disagree. :thumbsup: 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

VIDEO: Migrant ‘youths’ riot and attack police vehicles in Brussels during lockdown

Author OP misspelled Invaders 

Certain element is flat out ignoring the Covid rules. 

Clinton couldn't get a few BJ's in the oval office without it getting out, but somehow there is a nationwide conspiracy to inflate covid deaths involving thousands of people.

Anti-shelter protests coming to Harrisburg next week. If I lived closer I’d drive out there to get some pics of those toothless retards on their MAGA gear.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Anti-shelter protests coming to Harrisburg next week. If I lived closer I’d drive out there to get some pics of those toothless retards on their MAGA gear.

Why don’t you just go to an Eagles game if you want to see toothless retards? No need to drive that far. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Author OP misspelled Invaders 

They're "invaders?"

I'm confused. Here I was under the impression they were either "welcome guests" or "our new overlords" depending on which European politician you asked and what mood they were in.

Let's lighten the mood up over this soooooooo soooooooo serious omg shut the world down virus. 

Let's have a dance off boys!

14 hours ago, MDC said:

Yeah, fock those small business owners who were declared non essential. They should have employed people  doing something essential. 

14 hours ago, MDC said:

Do you still have the Homos for Hillary bumper sticker on your car?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MDC said:

Cuck

So there are all these protests of the lockdown stuff in certain states. I just read that there are plans for protests in more states soon, including Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  I get some of these states may not have much of this Corona going around and the lockdown is excessive.  But New Jersey?  We are getting Uber- by this thing, second worst in the country.  What are you morons protesting?  There’s not enough money to pay me to go to one of these things in Jersey.

6 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

So there are all these protests of the lockdown stuff in certain states. I just read that there are plans for protests in more states soon, including Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  I get some of these states may not have much of this Corona going around and the lockdown is excessive.  But New Jersey?  We are getting Uber- by this thing, second worst in the country.  What are you morons protesting?  There’s not enough money to pay me to go to one of these things in Jersey.

Should be interesting to see how many of these protesters show up at the ER in a week. I get that you want to go back to work. Great. Protest, but wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart.

4 hours ago, drobeski said:

Let's lighten the mood up over this soooooooo soooooooo serious omg shut the world down virus. 

Let's have a dance off boys!

I'm so tired of this take.  Look at how out of sync they are.  If the hospitals were truly empty, they'd have time to practice more and these routines would be much tighter.

On 4/18/2020 at 7:54 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

It looks like they’re allowing golf again in Michigan, with certain restrictions. 

From what I heard today, its just 2 counties that will not be enforcing the golf ban - at private clubs only. So more controversy has begun

11 minutes ago, nospk said:

From what I heard today, its just 2 counties that will not be enforcing the golf ban - at private clubs only. So more controversy has begun

Ah!  Sounds like white privilege to me! 

I can’t get but so mad at people protesting to GO TO WORK and support themselves.  It’s actually the opposite of what you normally see.  

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I can’t get but so mad at people protesting to GO TO WORK and support themselves.  It’s actually the opposite of what you normally see.  

They’re MAGAtards protesting government intrusion because they think Covid is a hoax. The POTUS and moonbat alt right media told them so.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

No beer?  I retract my previous statement and I will be at the next rally.  Time to reopen the country.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Pic of the anti-shelter in place protestors in Ohio.

:lol: 

:lol: 

Literal cuck MDC attempts a display of superiority over these folks by the use of emojis and claiming to have voted for Gary Johnson.  Please post a picture of yourself, preferably at the coffee maker, so we can compare and contrast.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/?outputType=amp

As new data comes in, antibody testing is more prevalent, it is becoming more clear that this virus is more widespread than we think, but the good news is it's considerably less deadly than we thought too.  A large percentage of people who get it, have little if any symptoms and thus never get tested or go to the doctor.

Nearly one third of 200 Chelsea residents who gave a drop of blood to researchers on the street this week tested positive for antibodies linked to COVID-19, a startling indication of how widespread infections have been in the densely populated city.

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

The people who are protesting while behaving in a responsible manner (wearing masks, not gathering close to other people) absolutely. The morons you see in that picture from Ohio? They look like they are trying to protest the need for restrictions while proving that they are the reason restrictions are needed.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/?outputType=amp

As new data comes in, antibody testing is more prevalent, it is becoming more clear that this virus is more widespread than we think, but the good news is it's considerably less deadly than we thought too.  A large percentage of people who get it, have little if any symptoms and thus never get tested or go to the doctor.

They are doing testing in chelsea because that city has a disproportionate number of deaths from COVID per 1000 people. That doesn’t necessarily mean that there are a lot of asymptomatic people. It could just mean a lot of people in Chelsea have it.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, vuduchile said:

Whitmer says abortion is life sustaining    If this wasn’t so sad it would be funny 

“We stopped elective surgeries here in Michigan,” she said. “Some people have tried to say that that type of a procedure is considered the same, and that’s ridiculous,” she added, referring to abortion.

“A woman’s health care, her whole future, her ability to decide if and when she starts a family is not an ‘election,’ it is a fundamental to her life,” Whitmer said. “It is life-sustaining, and it’s something that government should not be getting in the middle of.”

As a person who agrees with the right for a woman to abort a pregnancy (up to a certain point) I agree with her stance on the abortion issue.