BunnysBastatrds

Best Line In A Movie

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollabe and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

-The Democratic National Party.

Also, Fight Club. It's a personal mantra.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Might be easier to do a thread on movies with the most  best great lines.

Tombstone has one hell of a lot of them.

• Thanks 1

I will share with you that the only line that I've ever heard in a movie theater that made me stand up and cheer was "woohoo kid! You're all clear!"

Maybe the only moment (outside of sports)  of unmitigated joy that I can ever recall in my entire life.

I'm a dork.

But yeah there are so many great lines out there.

Milo:
You're a strange-looking cat.

Otis:
Oh, I'm not a cat; I'm a dog.

Milo:
All right, a dog, I understand, but... deep down inside, we're all cats, right?

Greed, for lack of a better word, is good

Striker: Surely you can't be serious.Rocky saying yo Adrian

Rumack: I am seriousand don't call me Shirley

What do you do with an elephant with three balls?  You walk him and pitch to the rhino...

• Haha 1

Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded

Major Richard Winters: We're paratroopers Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded. 

Put.  That coffee.  Down.  Coffee is for closers.

17 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

This one goes to 11

Well it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel.  Is it?

You ever notice how you come across somebody every once in awhile you shouldn't have focked with?  That's me.

Too many in Tombstone to list.

You best unfock yourself or I will unscrew your head and sh!t down your neck!

A man can be an artist...in anything, food, whatever.  It depends on how good he is at it.  Creasy's art is death.  He is about to paint his master piece.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I’m your Huckleberry 

This and basically every other word he said in the movie.

Has anybody ever played a role better than Val as Doc Holliday? I'm tempted to say no.

• Thanks 3

When we get home, the first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in the mouth.

39 minutes ago, Bert said:

A man can be an artist...in anything, food, whatever.  It depends on how good he is at it.  Creasy's art is death.  He is about to paint his master piece.

Peak Denzel in this movie. Great line by Walken.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

This and basically every other word he said in the movie.

Has anybody ever played a role better than Val as Doc Holliday? I'm tempted to say no.

Jackie Gleason as Sheriff Buford T. Justice. 

• Like 2