Sign in to follow this  
Mike Isles

What’s the fasted you have driven ?

My 19 year old took a trip with friends to Colorado and I have Life360 app. Today it showed his top speed was 114 mph. 

I called him and was like WTF and he said it was a straight run in the middle of nowhere no other cars. No turns. Just felt comfortable. 

I don’t think I have ever driven that speed. Definitely into 90’s but doubt I went beyond 100

Maybe broke 90 once.  I don't have the need for speed, or a car that could handle it.  

Have ridden in multiple cars that have kicked in the governor, though.  Not as fun if you don't necessarily trust the person behind the wheel.

I owned a Mazda Speed6.  I managed to keep it on 4 wheels for maybe a week.  I had that going as fast as it could go in a three-mile stretch.  I'd say over 130.

1993 Nissan Maxima SE

If that wasn't stupid enough, it was in a straight line, but several hills/valleys, & I was drunk.

Every time I think of it, I literally thank God for not letting anything happen.

Right out of college I bought a new 89 Mustang LX 5.0; my brother came out to visit and took it up to about 125.  I was like, uh, dude?  I don't know that I ever took it much over 100.  

Used to drive from Yuma, AZ to Phoenix, AZ every weekend in my early 20s. There was a long straight road with no traffic and I got up to 110. It just felt reckless. Henry Ruggs went 156 mph on a residential street and I just can't imagine.

14 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Used to drive from Yuma, AZ to Phoenix, AZ every weekend in my early 20s. There was a long straight road with no traffic and I got up to 110. It just felt reckless. Henry Ruggs went 156 mph on a residential street and I just can't imagine.

I-8, that's the road I drove 100 on.  With perfect alignment you could just tie a rock to the accelerator and go to sleep, that road is so straight.  :D 

119 in a convertible on I-10 in New Orleans. Eating a bag of funjons, drinking an orange Fanta, and listening to AC/DC HighwayTo Hell. Dumb but fun. Got pulled over and was ticketed for 104. Got out of it. How, I still don’t know.

Years later right after Katrina, I had the interstate all to myself. Got it up to 101 and slowed down. Driving an Explorer. Told myself, you flip this fawking SVU, you’re dead. No paramedics and no hospitals close, you’ll die. Had I been in a vette, hmmm!!!

6 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Got pulled over and was ticketed for 104. Got out of it. How, I still don’t know.

Do you keep knee pads in the trunk?

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

😁

My favorite blonde joke. 

Blonde gets pulled over on PCH., ...............

Edited by BunnysBastatrds
blah
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

sorry...Blonde joke.

Hot blonde gets pulled over on PCH.  Cop pulls her over. She ,why? CHIPS: You were speeding. Blonde: Was not!!!  CHIPS: Were to!  Blonde: Sorry. Is there anything I can do?(showing cleavage)  CHIPS: Licenses, registration, and insurance.   Blonde: What's a licenses? CHIPS: The thing that has your picture on it.  Blonde: I got one of those.  What's a registration? CHIPS: The thing in the glove compartment that shows Daddy bought you this Porcha, and your insurance.  Blondie:   Got it.  CHIPS: Pulls out his cack and asks if she knows what this is?  Blonde: Fawk!!! Not another breathelizer.

• Haha 1

I don't remember really but I want to say in college I had my '86 RX7 over 100 but probably under 110.  Drove my last Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Hemi to 99 on a curve on the highway once after I had just gotten high speed rated Hankook tires.

2 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

119 in a convertible on I-10 in New Orleans. Eating a bag of funjons, drinking an orange Fanta, and listening to AC/DC HighwayTo Hell. Dumb but fun. Got pulled over and was ticketed for 104. Got out of it. How, I still don’t know.

Years later right after Katrina, I had the interstate all to myself. Got it up to 101 and slowed down. Driving an Explorer. Told myself, you flip this fawking SVU, you’re dead. No paramedics and no hospitals close, you’ll die. Had I been in a vette, hmmm!!!

I took an 89 Toyota tercel (in like 1998) to 100 coming off the I10 bridge going from Laplace to Kenner.  There's a slight bump at the end of that bridge I never really felt going usual speeds.  I caught a bunch of air coming off that bridge and hit my head on the ceiling of the car.  Thought I was a goner, but that piece of shìt tercel took it like a champ.

In reality I probably was only an inch off the ground but it felt like a Dukes of Hazzard jump.

Probably 90 something in cars that can't reach a ton more back in the day. I have the Monte now that can go and just don't have the balls to do it.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I took an 89 Toyota tercel (in like 1998) to 100 coming off the I10 bridge going from Laplace to Kenner.  There's a slight bump at the end of that bridge I never really felt going usual speeds.  I caught a bunch of air coming off that bridge and hit my head on the ceiling of the car.  Thought I was a goner, but that piece of shìt tercel took it like a champ.

In reality I probably was only an inch off the ground but it felt like a Dukes of Hazzard jump.

I know exactly where you were. Right before the weigh station is coming off the bridge. Driven that stretch many times over thirty years. 

Rode with a guy who got going 140.  I hated it. 

I went 200 kilometers per hour on the Autobahn, which is about 130 mph.

110 mph is about the fastest I have gone in the US.

I went just over 100mph in a Ford Windstar a long time ago.  The steering wheel started shaking pretty hard.

Not sure, but I can't drive 55 that's for sure. Unless the speed limit is 35

It was either 90 or 100. I remember doing it but don’t remember which it was. 

94 mph is the maximum I've ever driven in both my Cadillac and Honda Civic. I would never go faster than that because it's neither safe nor wise. (and I get afraid... :unsure:)

Between 200-220 KMH on the autobahn in a Mercedes 500SL in the early 90's...so somewhere in the 120 to 130 range. 

• Like 1

Buried the needle at 130mph, and top ended a Boss 302 Mustang on highway 5. He left me in the dust, until he ran out of gears. I was in a 1970 Alpha Romero Spyder.

155 as a passenger in a 911 Carrera, that was a special build, ordered from Germany. At 155, it jumped when my friend hit the gas. Fantastic road feel at high speeds. We ran out of road on Coast Highway, between Dana Point and San Clemente. Early in the morning, with no other cars around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

94 mph is the maximum I've ever driven in both my Cadillac and Honda Civic. I would never go faster than that because it's neither safe nor wise. (and I get afraid... :unsure:)

What makes 94 mph safe and 95 mph unsafe?  That's a rhetorical question.  The answer is you're wrong, as usual. 

• Haha 1

Ubered a buncha mullahs on their way to Eid al-Fitr.  🤔

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think you guys who do this are completely fockin' insane. :shocking:

Definitely pucker factor 10