Fireballer

Who eats breakfast? And what do you eat?

I’ll be making myself a legit breakfast this morning for the first time in a while. I always loved breakfast, and we still do a big brunch every Sunday(every third calendar Sunday) at the firehouse. But, real breakfast seems to have fallen out of favor, to some degree.  I know a lot of guys who just do coffee up until lunch.  The IF phenomenon has definitely had an impact on people eating breakfast. Who still eats legit breakfast every morning?

Rarely, on the weekends if we do and it's brunch.

IF through the week, never eat before noon.

All that said, I love breakfast food, sometimes we have it for dinner.

I rarely eat breakfast but when I do I'll make eggs sunny side up or a ham and cheese omelette. Or I'll make an egg McMuffin. 

• Haha 1

Always coffee.

If I eat will make some overnight oats or make a smoothie. Occasionally will make some eggs:

At a restaurant I love an eggs benedict with hash browns.

Always. 

When working I'll take cereal, muffin or bagel to eat when I get there. 

When not working my goto is hangover hashbrowns. Shredded potatoes, onion, jalapeno with chipotle ketchup.  And always a meat, bacon or sausage.  

Rotate in pancakes, waffles, French toast, eggs any style. You name it. Love breakfast. 

I eat breakfast making twice a month.  If it's just me it's a bowl of cereal.  If it's for the family I make bacon, eggs and toast.

6-8 ounces of hot milk with espresso.  Seldom eat anything else before 1:00 or so.

Don’t eat breakfast often. During the week, yogurt with granola.

I don’t like eggs 

weekend… French toast, waffles, pancakes with sausage or bacon. Sometimes grab bagels to keep around the house 

in the winter, sometimes make rosti with bacon, onion, cheese

Weekdays....a yogurt and fruit of some kind(depends on what's in season etc)

Weekends rarely

Never during the week. No breakfast or lunch. 

Weekends we fire up the Blackstone and go nuts. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes... Whatever we're in the mood for that day. 

My wife asked me one morning, "do you want omelettes or biscuits and gravy?" I said "yes." So she made biscuits and gravy omelettes. They were focking delicious! :wub:

So now those are regularly in the rotation. 

When I'm home it's just coffee, maybe a banana.  When I'm on the road I'll usually eat something light.

Also breakfast for dinner is weird.  Fock that.

I went years doing quasi-fasting (no breakfast but I use cream in my coffee).  When chemo started, calories became king and I added breakfast back in.  I now regularly have some low carb granolas from Costco (quite yummy) with almond milk and berries (rasp/black/blue).  It's the most fiber I get during the day, and fiber is good for gut biome health.

That being I said, I just got back from two weeks in Italy where I ate their traditional breakfast:  prosciutto with cheese, also caprese salad, plus a small dessert pastry.

I get kinda hangry these days if I don't eat something before lunch.

Also we love eggs and often have them for dinner (we call it "brinner").  Also bacon or sausage, toast.  And if I stop somewhere for lunch I often pick a breakfast place.

• Like 1

I don't eat anything before noon on weekdays.

I generally do breakfast Saturday morning depending on what I have going on.   For something quick maybe 2 eggs over with toast.  If I am really doing a good breakfast I will do an omelet bacon and home fries.  Big fan of home fries.  

Not that into pancakes waffles or french toast.  I don't dislike the stuff but it just feels like I am eating desert for breakfast.  

Usually yogurt and a protein bar with black coffee on weekdays.

Maybe eggs and biscuits on the weekends or some kind of egg sammich.

I rarely eat lunch.

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Usually yogurt and a protein bar with black coffee on weekdays.

Maybe eggs and biscuits on the weekends or some kind of egg sammich.

I rarely eat lunch.

Wow. That's really interesting. 😆

Eggs and toast.

Sometimes a protein shake

Sometimes just toast

Sometimes an egg cup with veggies

love breakfast but rarely have it. Generally a coffee and/or something I don't consider breakfast like a greek yogurt or a muffin. Not purposely doing any IF, I just rarely have much of an appetite in the morning unless I was drinking heavily the night before. 

but on the occasions I do, give me some thick cut french toast, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns. tough to beat a good NJ diner breakfast. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Never during the week. No breakfast or lunch. 

Weekends we fire up the Blackstone and go nuts. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes... Whatever we're in the mood for that day. 

My wife asked me one morning, "do you want omelettes or biscuits and gravy?" I said "yes." So she made biscuits and gravy omelettes. They were focking delicious! :wub:

So now those are regularly in the rotation. 

Same here. Only on weekends I fawking love southern biscuits and sausage gravy. I also make an egg, sausage, hash brown, ham,  and cheese,, breakfast burritos on tortillas. I also make queso to smother them with the Cajun boudin gravy. A great BJ always, ummm, comes after.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

low carb granolas from Costco (quite yummy)

Which one's do you get?

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Which one's do you get?

1. NuTrail Keto Blueberry Cinnamon Nut Granola (white bag with dark blue trim)

2. Autumn's Gold Grain Free Granola, Toasted Coconut Almond (paper bag colored bag with light blue trim)

I tend to mix them 50/50 in the bowl because I'm a dork that way.  :D

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Don’t eat breakfast often. During the week, yogurt with granola.

I don’t like eggs 

weekend… French toast, waffles, pancakes with sausage or bacon. Sometimes grab bagels to keep around the house 

in the winter, sometimes make rosti with bacon, onion, cheese

Que es Rosti?

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Que es Rosti?

Good question.  I'm also trying to figure out how a foodie like @Bier Meister doesn't like eggs.  :huh:

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You mean, besides your mom? :banana:

This should have been the :first: answer...

Rosti is a Swiss potato pancake.

i can have small portions of omelettes and quiches because of the other ingredients. 

while I was still interning at one of the resorts, I worked the breakfast/lunch station for about 4 months…. I make excellent eggs many ways.  Daughter’s favorite is with herb d’provence, cheese, truffle oil.

Thought it was just me but I regularly skip food until lunch ... Coffee black ...

18 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

breakfast burritos on tortillas

This was definitely the year of the breakfast burrito for me.  Whenever we had them and I was scrambling eggs this was a go to.  Fresh tomato, scrambled fresh peppers and onion with the breakfast meat or leftover hamburger, pork loin ... Good stuff.

19 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Same here. Only on weekends I fawking love southern biscuits and sausage gravy. I also make an egg, sausage, hash brown, ham,  and cheese,, breakfast burritos on tortillas. I also make queso to smother them with the Cajun boudin gravy. A great BJ always, ummm, comes after.

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Reality said:

Can't beat a good breakfast burrito.

Whataburger has a really good one.

Alot of different things, a current favorite is a couple of toasted english muffins with a slab of liverwurst on them.

No food from 7 pm to nooner next day