Nomad99

Kyle Rittenhouse trial

Just now, KSB2424 said:

The clown prosecutors and the media are really trying to get a mistrial aren't they?  

Won't get it because of intimidation and blow back.   New norm.  It is how trials are now conducted.  

Jury tampering refers to improper communications with a juror with the purpose of influencing the juror’s deliberative process via private communication or contact regarding matters directly related to the case being tried. Examples of jury tampering may include providing outside information to a juror and bribing, threatening or intimidating a juror to influence the verdict. Both lawyers and jurors themselves can be involved in jury tampering.

Jury tampering is not only an ethical infraction, but a criminal offense. Depending on states, jury tampering can be a felony offense or a misdemeanor. Penalties for jury tampering may also vary from states to states. In New York, for example, bribing a juror is a class D felony and is subject to a maximum of seven years of imprisonment.

The law of jury tampering is to ensure a party’s constitutional right to a trial before an impartial jury. The Supreme Court in Remmer v. United States held that jury tampering in criminal cases are presumptively prejudicial, meaning that the party faced with allegations of jury tampering bears the burden to prove that there is no reasonable possibility that the tampering affected the impartiality of the jury.

Jury tampering is the crime of unduly attempting to influence the composition and/or decisions of a jury during the course of a trial. The means by which this crime could be perpetrated can include attempting to discredit potential jurors to ensure they will not be selected for duty. Once selected, jurors could be bribed or intimidated to act in a certain manner on duty. It could also involve making unauthorized contact with them for the purpose of introducing prohibited outside information and then arguing for a mistrial. In the United States, people have also been charged with jury tampering for handing out pamphlets and flyers indicating that jurors have certain rights and obligations, including an obligation to vote their conscience notwithstanding the instructions they are given by the judge

35 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The clown prosecutors and the media are really trying to get a mistrial aren't they?  

The media wants riot, which means getting Rittenhouse off one way or another.  Riot = clicks and eyes.  It’s all about the Benjamins.  That’s what today’s media have become.  :( 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The media wants riot, which means getting Rittenhouse off one way or another.  Riot = clicks and eyes.  It’s all about the Benjamins.  That’s what today’s media have become.  :( 

Yep

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Probably why half the media are yelling or writing  "racism" angles to this trial.  Even though none of the four men involved were black.  I get that it was during all the riots but its not the main story.

I really hate the media, they are dividing this country and doing it on purpose and for profit.  

George R.R. Martin will finish Winds of Winter before this jury reaches a verdict.

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

George R.R. Martin will finish Winds of Winter before this jury reaches a verdict.

You win the title of most impatient dude at the Geek Club

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You win the title of most impatient dude at the Geek Club

You are more right that you know. I silently fume behind my computer when people take their time drafting FF Teams too.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

RACISTS!!!!!!!!

What topic are we talking about again? 

Yeah, it happened so long ago that I forget the details; something about a guy named Kyle who shot some looters/arsonists that tried to kill him.

25 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

The jurors are actually writing their book about the trial during deliberations.

5 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

I'm not emotional you stupid a55.  Fock back off to footballgheys.

Only someone who’s emotional would respond like this. Relax a bit. 

59 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You are more right that you know. I silently fume behind my computer when people take their time drafting FF Teams too.

We have a few guys like this in my FF league.  And almost without fail, they're watching me play in the playoffs every year.

Fock you, Kyle!!! You God dam Jew!!! Screw you guys, I'm going home.

-Eric Cartman, juror #11.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

That book will be finished in Nevuary. 

• Haha 1

Friday verdict doesn’t bode well for keeping riots in check. Tomorrow morning Kenosha will be overran with the stench of Hennessy and black and milds to go along with burning buildings and ransacked businesses. 

22 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Friday verdict doesn’t bode well for keeping riots in check. Tomorrow morning Kenosha will be overran with the stench of Hennessy and black and milds to go along with burning buildings and ransacked businesses. 

Looking out the window it is dumping snow here.  So I decided to look at Kenosha's weather and it is fairly prime riot weather.  Low 40s and sun.  Tomoreow 50 and sun.  So weather will not be a factor.  

That said I am fairly optimistic that it will be tame...of course assuming a verdict they don't like.  There will be rioters but my guess is not that large scale. People forget, people need something new to get upset about.  90% don't even remember the black dudes name that started these riots.  I also think Dems have learned a little and will actually try to stop it much more so than they did when they had an election to win.  

15 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes.  They know they have a loser and don't want a jury verdict coming back with "Not guilty".  A mistrial allows them to save face and let this case fade away into nothingness.  In 2 years they'll just mention in passing that they're going to drop the charges and be done with it.

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

9 hours ago, peenie said:

That book will be finished in Nevuary. 

If you think that's bad, just imagine how long it'll be until he finishes A Dream of Spring!  He'll be dead for 15 years and then it'll come out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

if he gets off, does he go right back out on the streets on sat to do same thing again?

That would be awesome.    Especially if thousands more join him.  #saveourcities

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If you think that's bad, just imagine how long it'll be until he finishes A Dream of Spring!  He'll be dead for 15 years and then it'll come out.

You laugh but that is what happened to The Silmarillion from Tolkien:

The Silmarillion (Quenya[silmaˈrilliɔn]) is a collection of mythopoeic stories by the English writer J. R. R. Tolkien, edited and published posthumously by his son Christopher Tolkien in 1977 with assistance from the fantasy author Guy Gavriel Kay.

Hmm, I never knew that Kay was part of that.  He’s one of my favorite authors of all time.  Also I didn’t realize he was that old.  :cheers: 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d be betting on a miss trial at this point. 

I'm expecting Not Guilty on some counts and Hung Jury on others.

Juries in America don't want to give a not guilty verdict in a murder trial.

They see graphic photos of the dead person(s).

They see family of the dead person(s) every day looking at them, crying, reacting to testimony.

Once a person is arrested of murder the vast majority of Americans and jurors think they're guilty immediately.

You've got Prosecutors not asking questions to get to the truth, they ask questions that help prove guilt and go for the WIN, not for justice.

Innocent until proven guilty?  Not so much.

I think Rittenhouse should be found not guilty on all charges.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Hopefully George is a Brotherhood Without Banners zombie and not a White Walker nor Qyburn zombie.

Had a discussion with a lib friend, who of course is anti Rittenhouse.  He couldn't get past the reality that in an anarchist situation, there really are no good guys.  Just like libs here. 4 hostile people. All 4 should be on trial. 2, of course cannot. 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Had a discussion with a lib friend, who of course is anti Rittenhouse.  He couldn't get past the reality that in an anarchist situation, there really are no good guys.  Just like libs here. 4 hostile people. All 4 should be on trial. 2, of course cannot. 

Was talking to a couple of acquaintances (there were 6 of us), last night... never talked to any of them about political or social goings ons before.  One of the guys brought up the Rittenhouse trial and 2 of the other guys said he should get the chair because he murdered 2 people in cold blood and almost a third.  :doh:

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I haven't been following it, so I don't really know", and then changed the topic.  After walking away, a friend of mine approached me and said something about the trial.  At this point, the 2 Rittenhouse haters weren't in the area, I started talking about it.  The other 3 guys looked at me, shocked, and said "I thought you weren't following it?"  I told them that I only said that because of the other two guys.  I knew that no matter what was said, they made their mind up and they're just listening to the media and that's all there was.  There's no point in talking to people like that.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Biden Sends Mounted Border Patrol To Wisconsin To Prevent People From Crossing State Lines

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-sends-border-patrol-horses-to-wisconsin-to-prevent-people-from-crossing-state-lines

Why are state lines so important? 🤨

Haven't we been told that "borders" are racist?  Isn't that why Biden invited folks south of the border to emigrate here and fock up what was an improving border situation?

Further, shouldn't we protect all these immigrants from our white supremacist society? :dunno:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

this not like the lefties here

5 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Verdict reached!

Sits up in chair ...