Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Wife No Longer in Remission

My wife (34C) has a terminal illness of an autoimmune variety.  When she was first diagnosed in 2013 I always thought “terminal” meant “Ya dyin’ next week” but they use it to refer to any illness that will measurably shorten your life expectancy.

So, she’s been in remission since 2014 and has done great.  But she’s no longer in remission as of today.  

I’ve known all this time that it would happen and that we’d have to face hospitalization and treatment again, but I’ve been lying to myself about it.

Feeling devastated.

• Sad 2

So terrible.   There are no words that could possibly help.   Prayers for your wife.  Stay strong for her. 

I can't even imagine your pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Tell her everything you ever wanted to tell her. 

Really sorry to hear that for you, your wife and family. 

Sorry man. I don’t know much about her condition, but there have been incredible strides made in the last decade concerning illnesses. And you are in the country with the best medical care in the world. All the best. 

Oh man. :(

I am so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you, her, and your family. Sending ((hugs)). 

5 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Can size?   :huh:

It's in the post, numbnuts. 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

My wife (34C) has a terminal illness of an autoimmune variety.  When she was first diagnosed in 2013 I always thought “terminal” meant “Ya dyin’ next week” but they use it to refer to any illness that will measurably shorten your life expectancy.

So, she’s been in remission since 2014 and has done great.  But she’s no longer in remission as of today.  

I’ve known all this time that it would happen and that we’d have to face hospitalization and treatment again, but I’ve been lying to myself about it.

Feeling devastated.

Cancer? Vascilitis?  Sorry brother. Let me know if she needs FECO. You can dm me or ask freely here 

Sorry to hear this. I hope treatment works again and you have many more years together. Stay strong.

THAT SUX. Best of luck to both of you, stay positive and try to remember to appreciate the blessings you do have.

45 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Feeling devastated.

Hoping for the best, man.  On a side note, was it you that posted a while back about divorcing after a long marriage?  Sorry if I’m mistaken.  

Ah man, that sucks.  Will drop a prayer for you & her.  Please keep us posted. 

,🙏

Sorry to hear man.  Hoping for the best outcome.

very sorry to hear. my thoughts.

:(

Sorry to hear, buddy. I hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cancer? Vascilitis?  Sorry brother. Let me know if she needs FECO. You can dm me or ask freely here 

It’s a blood disorder.  Not cancer, but treated by the same hematologists and oncologists.

The sh*t thing is how she has gone from just-fine to full-blown re-emergence in just 24 hours.

• Sad 4

God Damnt! Cancer fawking sucks. Hang in there man. Thoughts and prayers my brother. Think positive when you’re feeling down. 

Damn.  Sorry to hear this.  Stay strong for her. 

Aw damn, no words other than sorry

So sorry ! 😞

Maybe with treatment it will go any again? Wishing you both strength and resilience. ((Hug))

• Like 1

So sorry to hear this, bro.

What's the virus name?

11 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

very sorry to hear. my thoughts.

:(

we are always sorry to hear your thoughts 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So sorry to hear this, bro.

What's the virus name?

Not a virus.  Autoimmune disorder.  In a nutshell, her immune system is making antibodies that are killing her platelets.  
Right now she has 6 large purple bruises, hundreds of petechial hemorrhages and bleeding gums/hard palate.

Sounds worse than it is.  Starting first-stage pharmaceuticals already today, hopefully avoiding internal bleeding.  Excellent medical system we have!

I am so, so sorry to hear.  My heartfelt prayers are out for you, your wife, and your family.  If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. 

• Thanks 1

Repeating everyone eles. Sorry to hear MLCKAA. I can only begin to imagine the stress and upheaval.

• Like 2

Following up my LOOK AT ME post with a little LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE…

Wifey’s doing pretty well.  First line med has improved her bloodwork results considerably.  Follow-up labs tomorrow to check numbers again.  The improvement was expected.  The real test will be in the following 1-2 weeks to see if they maintain or drop right back down.

The nice thing here is that the hematologist has told us that if she doesn’t improve and maintain, he’s going right to the miracle drug.  No fkking around.  Just wants to try this first-line so that the miracle drug can be reserved for the future in case sh*t ever gets completely sideways.  Apparently, with her disorder, there’s data that some patients only respond to a treatment once and then it’s never effective for them again.

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Wifey’s doing pretty well.  First line med has improved her bloodwork results considerably.  Follow-up labs tomorrow to check numbers again.  The improvement was expected.  The real test will be in the following 1-2 weeks to see if they maintain or drop right back down.

The nice thing here is that the hematologist has told us that if she doesn’t improve and maintain, he’s going right to the miracle drug.  No fkking around.  Just wants to try this first-line so that the miracle drug can be reserved for the future in case sh*t ever gets completely sideways.  Apparently, with her disorder, there’s data that some patients only respond to a treatment once and then it’s never effective for them again.

Thanks for the update boyo.  It seems you and your wife have a great attitude to fight this thing as long as possible.

Good thoughts and prayers headed your wife's way.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Hopefully she keeps doing well with the improvement and maintaining in these next couple of weeks. Its nice to know that there is a miracle drug in the "break in case of emergency" caes and it's not being used yet, so its not time to give up yet.

• Like 1